Convert WebM to AMR
Total Audio MP3 Converter converts WebM files to AMR format.
The software is an all in one audio converter that supports more than 90 audio
and video files as input, and converts to popular formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC,
M4A, OGG, WMA, and AMR.
Total Audio MP3 Converter also supports batch conversion, and is full compatible
with Vista and Windows 7.
What is WebM?
WebM is an open, royalty-free, media file format designed for the web. WebM video
files play directly in your web browser using a new technology called HTML5. No
plug-ins are required, but you must install a web browser that supports WebM files.
WebM defines the file container structure, video and audio formats. WebM files
consist of video streams compressed with the VP8 video codec and audio streams
compressed with the Vorbis audio codec. The WebM file structure is based on the
Support by Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome was announced at the 2010
Google I/O conference. Internet Explorer 9 will also be able to support WebM files
if the VP8 codec is installed locally. Safari on the desktop supports any codec
installed in QuickTime, allowing future WebM playback using QuickTime codec components
such as Perian. Epiphany also supports WebM through the GStreamer multimedia framework.
- Very high quality video
- Great video playback performance, even on older computers
- 100% free and open to everyone
- Supported on popular video sites like YouTube
What is AMR?
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech
coding. AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPP in October 1998 and
is now widely used in GSM and UMTS. It uses link adaptation to select from one
of eight different bit rates based on link conditions. AMR is also a file format
for storing spoken audio using the AMR codec. Many modern mobile telephone handsets
will allow you to store short recordings in the AMR format. There also exists
another storage format for AMR that is suitable for applications with more advanced
demands on the storage format, like random access or synchronization with video.
This format is the 3GPP-specified 3GP container format based on ISO base media
- Sampling frequency 8 kHz/13-bit (160 samples for 20 ms frames), filtered to
- The AMR codec uses eight source codecs with bit-rates of 12.2, 10.2, 7.95,
7.40, 6.70, 5.90, 5.15 and 4.75 kbit/s.
- Generates frame length of 95, 103, 118, 134, 148, 159, 204, or 244 bits for
bit rates 4.75, 5.15, 5.90, 6.70, 7.40, 7.95, 10.2, or 12.2 kbit/s, respectively
- AMR utilizes Discontinuous Transmission (DTX), with Voice Activity Detection
(VAD) and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) to reduce bandwidth usage during silence
- Algorithmic delay is 20 ms per frame. For bit-rates of 12.2, there is no 'algorithm'
look-ahead delay. For other rates, look-ahead delay is 5 ms. Note that there is
5 ms 'dummy' look-ahead delay, to allow seamless frame-wise mode switching with
the rest of rates.
- AMR is a hybrid speech coder which uses Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction
- The complexity of the algorithm is rated at 5, using a relative scale where
G.711 is 1 and G.729a is 15.
- PSQM testing under ideal conditions yields Mean Opinion Scores of 4.14 for
AMR (12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.45 for G.711 (u-law)
- PSQM testing under network stress yields Mean Opinion Scores of 3.79 for AMR
(12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.13 for G.711 (u-law)
Instructions to Converting WebM to AMR
- Free Download
Total Audio MP3 Converter here and then install the software
- Launch Total Audio MP3 Converter
- Choose WebM Files
Click "Add Files" to choose WebM files and then add them to conversion
Choose one or more WebM files you want to convert and then click Open.
- Choose "to AMR"
- Convert WebM to AMR
Click button "Convert" to convert all WebM files to AMR format.
The software is converting WebM files to AMR format.
- Play & Browse
When conversion completes, you could right-click converted item and choose "Play
Destination" to play the destination file; or choose "Browse Destination
Folder" to open Windows Explorer to browse the destination file.
WebM to AMR Software is 100% clean and safe to install.
It's certified by major download sites.
Convert WebM to AMR Related Topics: