Convert VCD to AMR
Total Audio MP3 Converter converts VCD files to AMR format.
The software is an all in one audio converter that supports more than 90 audio
and video files as input, and converts to popular formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC,
M4A, OGG, WMA, and AMR.
Total Audio MP3 Converter also supports batch conversion, and is full compatible
with Vista and Windows
- Free Download
Total Audio MP3 Converter here and then install the software
- Launch Total Audio MP3 Converter
- Choose VCD Files
Click "Add Files" to choose VCD files and then add them to conversion
Locate to MPEGAV folder of CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, and then choose one or more
DAT files you want to convert and then click Open.
* Note: If the VCD is a movie, there's one DAT file in MPEGAV folder.
If the VCD is a karaoke music, there're multiple DAT file in the MPEGAV
- Choose "to AMR"
- Convert VCD to AMR
Click button "Convert" to convert all VCD files to AMR format.
The software is converting VCD files to AMR format.
- Play & Browse
When conversion completes, you could right-click converted item and choose "Play
Destination" to play the destination file; or choose "Browse Destination
Folder" to open Windows Explorer to browse the destination file.
What is VCD?
Video CD (abbreviated as VCD, and also known as View CD,
Compact Disc digital video) is a standard digital format for storing video
on a Compact Disc. VCDs are playable in dedicated VCD players, most modern DVD-Video
players, personal computers, and some video game consoles.
The VCD standard was created in 1993 by Sony, Philips, Matsushita, and JVC
and is referred to as the White Book standard.
In a VCD, the audio and video streams are multiplexed in an MPEG-PS container.
- Codec: MPEG-1
- NTSC: 352x240
- PAL/SECAM: 352x288
- Aspect Ratio:
- NTSC: 107:80 (0.3% difference from 4:3)
- PAL/SECAM: 4:3
- NTSC: 29.97 or 23.976 frames per second
- PAL/SECAM: 25 frames per second
- Bitrate: 1,150 kilobits per second
- Rate Control: constant bitrate
- Codec: MPEG-1 Audio Layer II
- Frequency: 44,100 hertz (44.1 kHz)
- Output: Dual channel or stereo
- Bitrate: 224 kilobits per second
- Rate Control: Constant bitrate
What is AMR?
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech
coding. AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPP in October 1998 and
is now widely used in GSM and UMTS. It uses link adaptation to select from one
of eight different bit rates based on link conditions. AMR is also a file format
for storing spoken audio using the AMR codec. Many modern mobile telephone handsets
will allow you to store short recordings in the AMR format. There also exists
another storage format for AMR that is suitable for applications with more advanced
demands on the storage format, like random access or synchronization with video.
This format is the 3GPP-specified 3GP container format based on ISO base media
- Sampling frequency 8 kHz/13-bit (160 samples for 20 ms frames), filtered to
- The AMR codec uses eight source codecs with bit-rates of 12.2, 10.2, 7.95,
7.40, 6.70, 5.90, 5.15 and 4.75 kbit/s.
- Generates frame length of 95, 103, 118, 134, 148, 159, 204, or 244 bits for
bit rates 4.75, 5.15, 5.90, 6.70, 7.40, 7.95, 10.2, or 12.2 kbit/s, respectively
- AMR utilizes Discontinuous Transmission (DTX), with Voice Activity Detection
(VAD) and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) to reduce bandwidth usage during silence
- Algorithmic delay is 20 ms per frame. For bit-rates of 12.2, there is no 'algorithm'
look-ahead delay. For other rates, look-ahead delay is 5 ms. Note that there is
5 ms 'dummy' look-ahead delay, to allow seamless frame-wise mode switching with
the rest of rates.
- AMR is a hybrid speech coder which uses Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction
- The complexity of the algorithm is rated at 5, using a relative scale where
G.711 is 1 and G.729a is 15.
- PSQM testing under ideal conditions yields Mean Opinion Scores of 4.14 for
AMR (12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.45 for G.711 (u-law)
- PSQM testing under network stress yields Mean Opinion Scores of 3.79 for AMR
(12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.13 for G.711 (u-law)
Convert VCD to AMR Related Topics:
MPC to AMR,
AMV to AMR,
3GP2 to AMR,
XA to AMR,
MXF to AMR,
DVD to AMR,
AMR to M4B,
F4B to AMR,
WV to AMR,
M2TS to AMR,
MOD to AMR,
UMX to AMR,
M4A to AMR,
MKV to AMR,
M4B to AMR,
DV to AMR,
3GPP to AMR,
MTV to AMR,
DXA to AMR,
DVR-MS to AMR,
M2V to AMR,
MJ2 to AMR,
DIVX to AMR,
ALAW to AMR,
M4V to AMR,
WAV to AMR,
MLP to AMR,
MVI to AMR,
MPE to AMR,
MTS to AMR,
CAF to AMR,
ULAW to AMR,
FLIC to AMR,
F4A to AMR,
AWB to AMR,
QCP to AMR,
MPG to AMR,
DAT to AMR,
VOB to AMR,
FLAC to AMR