Convert STR to AMR
Total Audio MP3 Converter converts STR files to AMR format.
The software is an all in one audio converter that supports more than 90 audio
and video files as input, and converts to popular formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC,
M4A, OGG, WMA, and AMR.
Total Audio MP3 Converter also supports batch conversion, and is full compatible
with Vista and Windows
- Free Download
Total Audio MP3 Converter here and then install the software
- Launch Total Audio MP3 Converter
- Choose STR Files
Click "Add Files" to choose STR files and then add them to conversion
Choose one or more STR files you want to convert and then click Open.
- Choose "to AMR"
- Convert STR to AMR
Click button "Convert" to convert all STR files to AMR format.
The software is converting STR files to AMR format.
- Play & Browse
When conversion completes, you could right-click converted item and choose "Play
Destination" to play the destination file; or choose "Browse Destination
Folder" to open Windows Explorer to browse the destination file.
What is STR?
STR is SONY PlayStation movie stream file. Movie file format used by PlayStation
What is AMR?
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech
coding. AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPP in October 1998 and
is now widely used in GSM and UMTS. It uses link adaptation to select from one
of eight different bit rates based on link conditions. AMR is also a file format
for storing spoken audio using the AMR codec. Many modern mobile telephone handsets
will allow you to store short recordings in the AMR format. There also exists
another storage format for AMR that is suitable for applications with more advanced
demands on the storage format, like random access or synchronization with video.
This format is the 3GPP-specified 3GP container format based on ISO base media
- Sampling frequency 8 kHz/13-bit (160 samples for 20 ms frames), filtered to
- The AMR codec uses eight source codecs with bit-rates of 12.2, 10.2, 7.95,
7.40, 6.70, 5.90, 5.15 and 4.75 kbit/s.
- Generates frame length of 95, 103, 118, 134, 148, 159, 204, or 244 bits for
bit rates 4.75, 5.15, 5.90, 6.70, 7.40, 7.95, 10.2, or 12.2 kbit/s, respectively
- AMR utilizes Discontinuous Transmission (DTX), with Voice Activity Detection
(VAD) and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) to reduce bandwidth usage during silence
- Algorithmic delay is 20 ms per frame. For bit-rates of 12.2, there is no 'algorithm'
look-ahead delay. For other rates, look-ahead delay is 5 ms. Note that there is
5 ms 'dummy' look-ahead delay, to allow seamless frame-wise mode switching with
the rest of rates.
- AMR is a hybrid speech coder which uses Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction
- The complexity of the algorithm is rated at 5, using a relative scale where
G.711 is 1 and G.729a is 15.
- PSQM testing under ideal conditions yields Mean Opinion Scores of 4.14 for
AMR (12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.45 for G.711 (u-law)
- PSQM testing under network stress yields Mean Opinion Scores of 3.79 for AMR
(12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.13 for G.711 (u-law)
Convert STR to AMR Related Topics:
ROQ to AMR,
3GP2 to AMR,
VID to AMR,
M2V to AMR,
SDP to AMR,
PSX to AMR,
ASF to AMR,
MOD to AMR,
WAV to AMR,
AAC to AMR,
EVOB to AMR,
ALAC to AMR,
MJ2 to AMR,
F4A to AMR,
MOV to AMR,
NSV to AMR,
MPC to AMR,
VFW to AMR,
MPGA to AMR,
DIF to AMR,
DXA to AMR,
3GP to AMR,
ALAW to AMR,
MVI to AMR,
AMR to AWB,
AMV to AMR,
GXF to AMR,
CD to AMR,
PVA to AMR,
IT to AMR,
M4A to AMR,
FLAC to AMR,
WM to AMR,
ADX to AMR,
MP2 to AMR,
XA to AMR,
GSM to AMR,
APE to AMR,
H264 to AMR