Convert PSX to AMR
Total Audio MP3 Converter converts PSX files to AMR format.
The software is an all in one audio converter that supports more than 90 audio
and video files as input, and converts to popular formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC,
M4A, OGG, WMA, and AMR.
Total Audio MP3 Converter also supports batch conversion, and is full compatible
with Vista and Windows
- Free Download
Total Audio MP3 Converter here and then install the software
- Launch Total Audio MP3 Converter
- Choose PSX Files
Click "Add Files" to choose PSX files and then add them to conversion
Choose one or more PSX files you want to convert and then click Open.
- Choose "to AMR"
- Convert PSX to AMR
Click button "Convert" to convert all PSX files to AMR format.
The software is converting PSX files to AMR format.
- Play & Browse
When conversion completes, you could right-click converted item and choose "Play
Destination" to play the destination file; or choose "Browse Destination
Folder" to open Windows Explorer to browse the destination file.
What is PSX?
PSX is a file extension associated with Playstation Single Game Save.
What is AMR?
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech
coding. AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPP in October 1998 and
is now widely used in GSM and UMTS. It uses link adaptation to select from one
of eight different bit rates based on link conditions. AMR is also a file format
for storing spoken audio using the AMR codec. Many modern mobile telephone handsets
will allow you to store short recordings in the AMR format. There also exists
another storage format for AMR that is suitable for applications with more advanced
demands on the storage format, like random access or synchronization with video.
This format is the 3GPP-specified 3GP container format based on ISO base media
- Sampling frequency 8 kHz/13-bit (160 samples for 20 ms frames), filtered to
- The AMR codec uses eight source codecs with bit-rates of 12.2, 10.2, 7.95,
7.40, 6.70, 5.90, 5.15 and 4.75 kbit/s.
- Generates frame length of 95, 103, 118, 134, 148, 159, 204, or 244 bits for
bit rates 4.75, 5.15, 5.90, 6.70, 7.40, 7.95, 10.2, or 12.2 kbit/s, respectively
- AMR utilizes Discontinuous Transmission (DTX), with Voice Activity Detection
(VAD) and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) to reduce bandwidth usage during silence
- Algorithmic delay is 20 ms per frame. For bit-rates of 12.2, there is no 'algorithm'
look-ahead delay. For other rates, look-ahead delay is 5 ms. Note that there is
5 ms 'dummy' look-ahead delay, to allow seamless frame-wise mode switching with
the rest of rates.
- AMR is a hybrid speech coder which uses Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction
- The complexity of the algorithm is rated at 5, using a relative scale where
G.711 is 1 and G.729a is 15.
- PSQM testing under ideal conditions yields Mean Opinion Scores of 4.14 for
AMR (12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.45 for G.711 (u-law)
- PSQM testing under network stress yields Mean Opinion Scores of 3.79 for AMR
(12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.13 for G.711 (u-law)
Convert PSX to AMR Related Topics:
AIFF to AMR,
NSV to AMR,
WM to AMR,
MXF to AMR,
GXF to AMR,
VID to AMR,
MP1 to AMR,
MPC to AMR,
MTV to AMR,
SPX to AMR,
VQF to AMR,
MVI to AMR,
AMR to M4A,
QCP to AMR,
MOD to AMR,
ALAW to AMR,
OGA to AMR,
3GPP to AMR,
DXA to AMR,
RPL to AMR,
AMR to AAC,
M2V to AMR,
M2A to AMR,
ULAW to AMR,
VFW to AMR,
FLV to AMR,
EVO to AMR,
SOL to AMR,
OGG to AMR,
SMK to AMR,
HDTV to AMR,
AWB to AMR,
PVA to AMR,
VMD to AMR,
DV to AMR,
MPGA to AMR,
AMR to WAV,
IT to AMR,
DVD to AMR,
MOV to AMR