Convert GXF to AMR
Total Audio MP3 Converter converts GXF files to AMR format.
The software is an all in one audio converter that supports more than 90 audio
and video files as input, and converts to popular formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC,
M4A, OGG, WMA, and AMR.
Total Audio MP3 Converter also supports batch conversion, and is full compatible
with Vista and Windows
- Free Download
Total Audio MP3 Converter here and then install the software
- Launch Total Audio MP3 Converter
- Choose GXF Files
Click "Add Files" to choose GXF files and then add them to conversion
Choose one or more GXF files you want to convert and then click Open.
- Choose "to AMR"
- Convert GXF to AMR
Click button "Convert" to convert all GXF files to AMR format.
The software is converting GXF files to AMR format.
- Play & Browse
When conversion completes, you could right-click converted item and choose "Play
Destination" to play the destination file; or choose "Browse Destination
Folder" to open Windows Explorer to browse the destination file.
What is GXF?
The GXF (General eXchange Format) is a container format associated with SMPTE360.
The General eXchange Format (GXF or SMPTE 360M) was originally developed to
transport compressed video on Fibre Channel local-area networks and for archival
storage on data tape. The advantages of data networks include:
- transfers that are faster than real-time;
- transfers that are less than real-time, utilizing low-cost networks;
- no generation quality loss from decompression-compression cycles.
These transfers are accomplished with standard protocols. The File Transfer
Protocol (FTP) guarantees bit-per-fect exchanges of material. This reduces the
need for repeated Quality Assurance checks in a facility's operation. These capabilities
can improve a facility's productivity.
What is AMR?
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech
coding. AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPP in October 1998 and
is now widely used in GSM and UMTS. It uses link adaptation to select from one
of eight different bit rates based on link conditions. AMR is also a file format
for storing spoken audio using the AMR codec. Many modern mobile telephone handsets
will allow you to store short recordings in the AMR format. There also exists
another storage format for AMR that is suitable for applications with more advanced
demands on the storage format, like random access or synchronization with video.
This format is the 3GPP-specified 3GP container format based on ISO base media
- Sampling frequency 8 kHz/13-bit (160 samples for 20 ms frames), filtered to
- The AMR codec uses eight source codecs with bit-rates of 12.2, 10.2, 7.95,
7.40, 6.70, 5.90, 5.15 and 4.75 kbit/s.
- Generates frame length of 95, 103, 118, 134, 148, 159, 204, or 244 bits for
bit rates 4.75, 5.15, 5.90, 6.70, 7.40, 7.95, 10.2, or 12.2 kbit/s, respectively
- AMR utilizes Discontinuous Transmission (DTX), with Voice Activity Detection
(VAD) and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) to reduce bandwidth usage during silence
- Algorithmic delay is 20 ms per frame. For bit-rates of 12.2, there is no 'algorithm'
look-ahead delay. For other rates, look-ahead delay is 5 ms. Note that there is
5 ms 'dummy' look-ahead delay, to allow seamless frame-wise mode switching with
the rest of rates.
- AMR is a hybrid speech coder which uses Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction
- The complexity of the algorithm is rated at 5, using a relative scale where
G.711 is 1 and G.729a is 15.
- PSQM testing under ideal conditions yields Mean Opinion Scores of 4.14 for
AMR (12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.45 for G.711 (u-law)
- PSQM testing under network stress yields Mean Opinion Scores of 3.79 for AMR
(12.2 kbit/s), compared to 4.13 for G.711 (u-law)
Convert GXF to AMR Related Topics:
XA to AMR,
M4V to AMR,
MO3 to AMR,
VID to AMR,
WMD to AMR,
MPGA to AMR,
HDTV to AMR,
MJ2 to AMR,
MTV to AMR,
VOC to AMR,
H263 to AMR,
MP3 to AMR,
WV to AMR,
WAV to AMR,
MKV to AMR,
CAF to AMR,
MP1 to AMR,
APE to AMR,
CDA to AMR,
AIFF to AMR,
VOB to AMR,
SMK to AMR,
FLIC to AMR,
AVI to AMR,
MLP to AMR,
XVID to AMR,
ADX to AMR,
NSA to AMR,
MVI to AMR,
DV to AMR,
SDP to AMR,
DIF to AMR,
SPX to AMR,
NSV to AMR,
RPL to AMR,
MTS to AMR,
GXF to AMR,
VMD to AMR,
AMR to OGG,
AMR to AAC